Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ipsy Top 5



My top five favorite items received from Ipsy

Photo from Ipsy


#5 Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Palette (February 2013, October 2012)
The colors chosen work perfectly for my every-day look (Set 4, different colors than shown).  Magenta hasn't gotten much use, but the sparkly Gunmetal is great as an eyeliner, Light Pink as a highlighter, and Elven Silver as a lid color.  They apply nicely with no fallout.  I've received two sets with different colors and the quality is great on all of shadows.

Photo from Ipsy


#4 Chella's Ivory Lace Highligher Pencil (June 2013)
I usually use Benefit's High Brow as a highlighter, but if I don't want all the shimmer, this is a really nice option. Sometimes in the middle of summer, you just don't want any more shine on your face! It is nice and creamy, but doesn't go on too thickly and blends well without any issues. This is a good enough match to my skin that I can use it as a concealer if I have a dark circle or two.

Photo from Ipsy


#3: Soho's Smudge Brush (September 2012)
This is something that I use every day. It is perfect for applying just the right amount of shadow; not too much, and not too little. If I want a darker, more vibrant application, I use a different brush. Same thing if I want a pale wash of color. However, for everyday use, where I just sweep a shade of tan or beige or cream across my lid, this is excellent. It is soft and the bristles don't fall out all over my face (I'm looking at you, Bare Minerals!). My only complaint is that it is too big to fit in my travel makeup bag. Such a hard life I lead...

Photo from Ipsy


#2: Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (December 2012)
I'm a junkie. I have so many of these pencils in a rainbow of colors. Do I have five backups of "Zero", the color that Ipsy sent? Yes. Do I care? No. These are the best eyeliners I've ever used and they are worth every penny. You can smudge them right after application and then they stay the F in place! If I could only use one beauty product a day, this would be my choice. They eyes are the window to the soul, dress them up!

Photo from Ipsy


#1 Mirabella Perfecting Powder (May 2013)
I've used finishing powders in the past, but nothing has come close to being as awesome as this perfecting powder. It keeps my skin looking fresh and glowy all day. This stuff lasted through a two hour softball practice in 90 degree heat! My hair was frizzed out of control, but my face was fresh as a daisy. For being essentially highly reflective sand, this product is great. If it makes my skin look good and doesn't cause weird reactions to my face, I'm happy. Good job, Ipsy.


Want to subscribe to Ipsy?  It is $10 per month and my referral link is here.



This post contains products I purchased through Ipsy.  All opinions are my own.  This post also contains a referral link to my Ipsy account.  If two people sign up using my link I get a bonus item.

No comments:

Post a Comment