Saturday, July 20, 2013

My All-Subscription Box Vacation, Part 1


I'm going on vacation! It's a "surprise," but I'm pretty sure we are heading to somewhere on Cape Cod for two nights and most of three days. Vacations are great. Not only do I get to stuff my face with delicious foods with the excuse that, "I'm on vacation," I get the chance to use up some of the sample products I've received from subscription boxes. Sub boxes are great; I haven't had to buy a travel size of anything in over a year! I killed so many foil packets in Europe last summer; it was fantastic. Here is what I am packing for my weekend away:

Hello, hair products!

 Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo (Birchbox December 2012). I love this stuff, it smells great and is sulfate free! I only plan on shampooing once while I am there, so it's fine that this is clarifying.

(MALIN + GOETZ) Cilantro Hair Conditioner (Birchbox October 2012). This is ok. It's not my favorite conditioner, it's not quite strong enough for my hair, but it's fine for travel. I'm almost out, I have 1 use left in the bottle.

Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle (Birchbox April 2013). I've already expressed my love for this product *um yeah, let me actually upload that entry*. The travel-sized bottle makes me happy. I might just sleep with it under my pillow in the hopes that some magical hair fairy grants all my wishes.

Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper (Birchbox November 2012/ July 2013). This will do just fine for the beach.

Davines Oi/Oil (Birchbox June 2013). This is part of their 3-step system. I already used the conditioner packet, and the shampoo contains sulfates so I try to use it only every now and then (it smells sooo good though!), so this is all I have left to try out of the three. I plan on straightening my hair if we go out to a fancy dinner and this will be my finishing product. There are also some twistbands hiding under there. I like them a lot and have a ton everywhere; my car, my desk at work, upstairs, downstairs, in the side table by the couch, in the bathroom...

All the face gunk I'm bringing

LA Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes (Ipsy March 2013) These are perfectly adequate for wiping the day off of my face at night. They will do just fine for this weekend away. \

(MALIN + GOETZ) Grapefruit Face Cleaner (Birchbox October 2012) I haven't tried this, but everything else by this company has been decent. I love the smell of grapefruit, so I'll probably like this. I'm assuming this will be enough for 1 night.

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser  (Birchbox June 2013) I'm bringing my last little bit of this with me for the second night. I loved this product! I think it's too expensive to buy the full price, but maybe if I save up my BB points for a while I will splurge on it. It smells delicious! I may or may not have tasted a little bit and we will just say that it smells better than it tastes.

Coola Mineral Sunscreen- Unscented (Ipsy July 2013) Sunscreen is a must-have. I'm also bringing SPF100000000000 for my body and face if we go to the beach or spend any amount of time outside. This is just for every-day anyway use under my makeup.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentré (Birchbox January 2013) This is supposed to be good. We shall see. This is for at night, I didn't feel like packing my big full-sized Juice Beauty moisturizer that was in the June Popsugar.

Marvis Classic Strong Mint Toothpaste (Birchbox May 2013) I like this toothpaste, but not enough to buy it. The sample is nice and I don't have another travel size at the moment. I'm going to the dentist a few days after we get back and will get one then ;) All of this fits into the little silver makeup bag that Ipsy sent in December 2012. Excellent.

This post contains items that were received in Birchbox and Ipsy, both of which are purchased with my own funds.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment