Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Birchbox July 2013



Am I supposed to know what "Suits" is? A *show* picked out a face cream? huh? Birchbox teamed up with the USA network show, "Suits" this month to bring us a new box of perfectly adequate samples.


July 2013 Birchbox, Suits Edition


Anything look familiar? How about this... 

photo from Birchbox

Yeah. I got the same sample in my November 2012 box. However, when I went to my Birchbox box history to confirm this, I saw that they had already realized the error of their ways and had credited me with 100 extra points. Way to be on top of your game, BB! I'm impressed. Fortunately, this is a decent hair product for me and I was tempted to buy the full size after using up my first sample of it. Have you seen my hair? It's curly. It likes products like this. 

I'm all set on face creams for the rest of my life.

This was the Suits pick, and it is Benta Berry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream. It smells light and a little flowery and seems like every other face lotion I haven't heard of but will slather on my face anyway. Again, I don't break out easily and don't have any kind of dry or oily skin issues. This will be fine for me. 

Their cute design is their only redeeming feature.

These are big and got stuck in my hair and I don't like them. 

Party proof? Halloween party, maybe!


I was really excited to see this lipstick in my box. However, it is in the color "Get Naked" which makes it look like I don't have lips at all. If this was another color, I would be in love! It smells like strawberries and goes on really smoothly. It doesn't dry my lips out, though it accentuates the creases and dry patches a bit. It's too bad about the color choice for my particular complexion. 

Where did my lips go??


I also got a spritzy sample bottle of Juicy Couture's Couture La La. It smells like every other Juicy sample I've gotten. I have a pretty bad nose for scents, so it takes something unusual for me to notice it. Couture La La is a little floral and a little fruity and pretty blah for me. According to my boyfriend, "it doesn't smell like much of anything. Nothing stands out." I hate getting perfume samples, but this was my first one in a few months, so I can't complain too much. 

Here is a summary of the value of my July box: 

Curl Keeper, 30 mL: $3 value. (Full size $10/100 mL) 
Moisturizer, 5 mL: $3.67 value (Full size $22/30 mL) 
Bobby Pins, 2: $1.67 ($5/6) 
Lipstick, 3.8g: (Full size) $8 as part of Birchbox's set of 3 for $24. From ModelCo site: $16.95 
Couture La La sample, 1.5 mL: $1.35 ($90/100 mL) 

Total value: $17.69 (low end) or $26.64 (high end) depending on how you value the lipstick.

I will also get 40 points for reviews (can't review the curl keeper a second time) and the extra 100 points for the duplicate. This adds $14 to my total. Considering I only pay $10/month for this service, I think it's a great deal. Have I had better boxes? Yes. But, I can use the points toward something I love instead of something I just want to use up. 

Here is my referral link, if you would like to sign up.

This post contains products purchased by me through Birchbox.  All opinions are my own.  This post also contains a referral link; I will receive 50 points for every person who subscribes to Birchbox by clicking my link.

No comments:

Post a Comment