Friday, June 6, 2014

Julep June 2014

Julep, June 2014

This month, Julep is a little different for me.  I decided that since Julep FINALLY listened to the people and is now letting you build your own box, I should take advantage of that.  I pre-paid for 3 months to keep my $19.99/month price (and then my sister gifted me 4 months for my birthday! Thanks, Beth!) so I wouldn't have to pay $24.99 for the custom box.

Julep June 2014 First Look


Julep's new system allows you to pick two polishes and one product (or additional polish) for the small box.  The larger box is a higher price point and you probably get to pick more things.  I'm not sure, as I did not choose this option.

Julep June 2014, Pixy Stix, Natalia, Phia, and Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat


Because I got to customize my box, I got exactly the colors I wanted from this month's collection.  I chose the Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat as my product, Natalia from Boho Glam, and Phia from It Girl.

Three Wishes collection



The base coat goes on milky and matte, and dries in about a minute.  I have similar base coats that cost way less, but I like that Julep products are all compatible and my polish won't dissolve my base coat, and my top coat won't dissolve my polish.  That's always a mess!


Labels

Natalia is supposed to be a copper metallic, but it looks more like a rose-gold foil to me.  It's pretty, whatever you want to call it!  It dries fast, like most things packed with shimmer, and is not streaky at all.  The shimmer is more foil-y than chrome-y, so you get a more even finish that's super shiny but not mirror-reflective.  This is one of my favorite Julep colors ever!

Phia is called an orchid iridescent chrome, but it is just a sheer purple-gold sparkly duochrome to me.  There's some iridescent sparkles to it, but I don't think Julep knows that chrome finishes are supposed to be mirror-reflective.  It's pretty, but it is more subtle than I wanted it to be.  It definitely needs two coats, as it is on the sheerer side of polishes.

The bonus this month was some Pixy Stix, and I got 3 of the same color/flavor.  Booo!

Not the best nail pick, but Natalia as an accent to Phia.  Both are really shiny and Natalia is definitely pink IRL.


All in all, I'm loving Natalia, I like Phia, and the base coat is kinda boring.  I do like that I can pick my two favorite colors each month, now, though!  That makes this a little more worth-it to me.

Julep is now a minimum of $19.99 per month if you prepay for 3 months at a time.  New customers also only get to skip twice per year.  If you want to sign up, you can try a starter kit with the code FREEBOX and you only pay shipping!  Julep polishes last almost a week on me without chipping (and that's without a base or top coat) and are some of my favorites.  I think the quality is worth the price.

To try it, please use my link here.  I'll get a discount on my next box for each referral.



No special consideration or compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own. All items mentioned within were paid for by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment