Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ipsy July 2013 Review




My July Ipsy finally showed up! 

What's in the bag?

Not bad!



The contents this month are: 

Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer in Mai Tai (full size- $13).  This is a warm, dark orange.  I like this brand a lot and this polish is no exception.

Nailtini Mai Tai


Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush (full size- $4.17.. part of a 6-pack for $25) 
Pop Beauty 


Also included: 
BH Cosmetics California Collection, 3-pack eyeshadow sample These are not very pigmented on their own and definitely need a primer to wear. I attempted a swatch but without primer or my brushes, it was futile. I like the little magnetic-closure case, though! Very cute. ($3 at the single-pan price, assuming these are full-sized pans. However, the palettes these are from are on sale for $9.99 right now!) 

Coola Mineral Sunscreen SPF 20 Unscented. (7 mL- $5.04. Full size $36 for 50 mL) I received the cucumber version in a Birchbox and haven't tried either yet! I love that these are sealed shut and am saving them for my upcoming vacation. 

Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray. (50 mL- $7.58. Full size $18.95 for 125 mL) 

Total value $32.79 

I paid $10 for this bag and think I received some great products. The spoiler this month was for Benetint, but I already have a few small bottles of it as well as a full-sized posietint. I'm happy with what I got and I can't wait to try out the weather proof spray! It has been so so humid here on the east coast and my curls just go bonkers. The lip crayon applies really nicely and is a gorgeous color. I love the Revlon Just Bitten stain crayons and this has a similar application and color payoff. Probably my favorite item in the bag. The nail polish is pretty, I don't quite have a color like this. I have a lighter shade of this color and a brighter one, but this is a little more on the subdued side. The eyeshadow is just ok... I'll have to see how I feel about it when I get the chance to put it over primer. Sunscreen is always good when you are as pale as I am. I like that they sent me the unscented one, although the rose would have been nice too. 


There were some variations in the products this month.  Other people may have gotten Demeter Salt Air Perfume Roll-on, Coola Rose Essence SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer, Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray, Benefit Benetint, or Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub.

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, here is my referral link. It is $10 a month and you get 4-5 deluxe and full-sized samples in a cute makeup bag every month.  If you sign up using my link, I get a bonus item after a certain number of referrals.  

All products in this post were purchased by me, through Ipsy, and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment