Friday, July 19, 2013

My All-Subscription Box Vacation, Part 2


I'm getting excited for my vacation this weekend! Here is what is in my makeup bag- almost everything is from subscription boxes! 

The non-subscription box products

NYC Browser Brush-On Brow Kit because nothing finishes your look like filled-in brows! This may be all I end up using. Who knows. 

Bare Minerals Original Foundation in case I need some extra coverage 

Various brushes and an eyelash curler. Some of these are from sub boxes (like the SoHo brush in my Ipsy top 5), and some are not. Either way, they are not anything special. 

These will make me feel pretty

Blinc Mascara (Birchbox July 2012) I love this tubing mascara. It doesn't wash off unless you want it to- perfect for going for a swim! 

Chella Ivory Lace Eyebrow Pencil (Ipsy June 2013) I've already written about this in my top 5 Ipsy list. 

Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Coral Crush (Ipsy July 2013) Same with this! It's the perfect summer day lip color. 

Vincent Longo Lipstain SPF 15 Lipstick in Cherry (Glossybox January 2013) For a nice dinner out, no other lipstick can beat this one, especially in a classic red. The stain lasts all night, through dinner and drinks, and doesn't come off on anyone else's cheeks or lips. 

Mai Couture Highlighter Papier (Ipsy December 2012). For when I feel fancy. I tried using this over the winter to a formal event, but I was just too darn pale for it to look good. Maybe now that I'm 0.005 shades darker, it will look better. 

Mirabella Perfecting Powder (Ipsy May 2013). See my other list linked above for a proclamation of my love for this product. It will not leave my sight until it is used up. I will then hold a funeral for it. 

Ada Cosmetics Bronzer in Peach (Birchbox July 2012). For some contouring if I feel like it, and in place of a blush if I want to get crazy with the beachy look. This isn't too dark for my skin tone, which is amazing. 

theBalm Hot Mama Shadow/Blush (Birchbox December 2012). One of my favorite blushes of all time! I was told it made me all glowy, and who doesn't want that? This barely missed out on being on my top 5 Birchbox list. It is awesome and super-flattering. 

Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Quads (Ipsy October 2012, February 2013) Boy am I bringing <em>all</em> of my entire top 5 Ipsy products? I think so... 

theBalm Meet Matt(e) Matt Batali (Ipsy November 2012). It seems like theBalm is only selling the nude matte palette now, not the original one. Oh well, I still like this shadow, especially in a smokey eye. 

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint (Birchbox September 2012). I don't plan on wearing foundation, just this. I'm bringing the Bare Minerals for night if we go out, but this will be just fine for the day. I really like this product but not as much as I like my Dr. Jart BB. Maybe if I feel the need to buy an every-day matte product I will get this one. For vacation, it will be great. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (Ipsy December 2012) Yup. I've got my whole top 5. I also have almost every color ever made of this pencil and there is not a better eyeliner that I have been able to find. It's not up for discussion. These are the best, and they come in the best colors. 

Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil (Allure Sample Society July 2012). For under my lipsticks, or by itself with some chapstick or gloss over it. This is a really nice pencil, and it is great to have two slightly different shades in one. Travel is all about multi-use products, right? Streamline your packing!

Look at those packing skills!


Not all of this fit in the July Ipsy bag... Everything in the first picture was left out. So, I put it all into the January bag instead. That is the biggest one they have sent out, and all of my brushes fit (diagonally). I can't wait!

This post contains items that were received in Sample Society, Birchbox and Ipsy, both of which are purchased with my own funds.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment