Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Birchbox Top 5



These are my top five favorite items received from Birchbox:



Photo from Birchbox

#5: Color Club's Wanderlust collection (June 2013)
'Reign in Spain' is THE PERFECT CORAL COLOR. I have been searching and searching for this color nailpolish. Julep's Alicia comes close, but isn't quite as bright as this. The other colors are fab, too, but Reign in Spain is my holy grail coral nailpolish. Seriously. I have 10 or so other corals that just aren't quite right. I bought the whole collection and was given an extra RiS by a friend. That makes 3 bottles, and you can bet I will use them all until the last drop.

Photo from Birchbox

#4 Harvey Prince's Ageless (March 2012- my first box!)
Until I got this sample, I didn't wear perfume every day. The closest I got was Demeter's pomegranate cologne spray. I liked that even though it was a single note, it was stil complex. Ageless has become my new favorite: it is clean and fresh and the grapefruit makes a unique statement. I try out new perfume samples when I get them, but none of them have come close to capturing how I feel about myself in a fragrance. Ageless does exactly that.

Photo from Birchbox


#3: Beauty Protector's Protect and Detangle (April 2013)
This spray smells like vanilla and harp music. It does it all: detangle, condition, protect from heat and UV, and make my hair smell good enough to eat for over 24 hours at a time. This stuff is amazing. It is expensive, so I have been only using it before straightening my hair and not every day when I wear it curly. If I had a million dollars, I would fill a swimming pool with this and just soak in it all day, every day.

Photo from Birchbox


#2: Orofluido Elixar (March 2012- another from my first month!)
Hecho en España, esto producto es maravilloso. Huele de miel y vanilla, orofluido suaviza el cabello antes y después de estiliza con calor. ¡Es tan bueno que tengo que escribir en español para describirlo! But seriously, I need to use my B.A. in Spanish for something... A little of this goes a long way, and complements the scent of the beauty protector spray perfectly.  I've given some of my friends little bottles of this to try to convert them; it's that good.



#1 Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB cream (May 2012)
I have nice skin. I'm not a freak of nature, I've just been on constant antibiotics since I was young- this means no acne and no acne scars. I have freckles, yes, but that's it. I don't need a heavy foundation for every day, and I like the convenience of a tinted moisturizer, but they don't often cover quite enough. Dr. Jart's BB cream blends into my skin perfectly, provides just the right amount of coverage, and maybe it's my imagination, but my skin tone has become much more even over the last year of using this. It provides an extra layer of sunscreen (I still use some as a base layer), and a little goes a long way. I bought a variety pack of their other BB creams and love them all. If I need extra coverage, I use a little Bare Minerals powder over the BB cream and I'm on my way. No concealer necessary. I'm sure this wouldn't work for everyone, especially those who aren't as fair-skinned as I am, or those who need something to control oil, but this is my favorite. It is amazing and I regret nothing!




Birchbox costs $10/month and this is my referral link


This posts contains products that I purchased through Birchbox.  All opinions are my own.  This post also contains a referral link.  For every person who signs up for BB using my link, I get 50 BB points.

No comments:

Post a Comment