Monday, August 5, 2013

Retrospective: Birchbox May 2012



See my first Retrospective for the answers to the quiz that I used.

May 2012- Month 3May is my birthday month!  I was hoping for something extra-special that month.
BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette
Photo from Birchbox


This was a pleasant surprise for me. It is very woody, with a little fruit at the top, which gives it a very "green" scent.  It isn't something I would buy a full size of, or something that I would want to wear every day, but it is nice every once in a while.  I think it would be perfect to wear to an outdoor wedding.  Not a bad perfume sample, if they had to send me one.

Full size $64.00/40 mL.  Sample 1.5 mL, $2.40.


Dr. Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25
Photo from Birchbox
This BB cream was one of my Birchbox Top 5  products, and I still use it (or one of the other BB creams from Dr. Jart) every day.  It's awesome.

Full size (I'm on my second one!) $32.00/50 mL.  Sample size 3 mL (I think), $1.92.


Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Conditioner
Photo from Birchbox

Oh yeah, I remember this now! It was pretty adequate for a conditioner.  Did it add volume? I don't really think so.  I don't really remember, though, to be fair.  All in all, forgettable.

Full size $23.00/250 mL.  Sample size 30 mL, value $2.76



Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Flash
Photo from Birchbox

Happy birthday to me!  I was super excited to receive this product.  It's a sparkly olive liquid liner, and it is easy to apply with their felt applicator.  It stays put all night... glitter, too.  I like it, I just don't wear it a lot.  Sparkly eye liner is a little impractical when your work uniform is a lab coat and safety glasses!

Full size $22 for 1.7 mL.  This was a full-sized product that they sent! Woo! (My first one through Birchbox)




Twistband Hair Tie (Emerald-colored)
Photo from Birchbox
This was my first Twistband! I like them a lot, but I make my own now.  Fold-over elastic is very cheap on etsy and you can make a ton for the fraction of the cost.  I made about 100 for Christmas gifts for my friends.

12 pack is $18 on Birchbox.  Value of a single hair tie is $1.50.  


Birchbox Notecard (1, purple)
Photo from Birchbox

The "extra" this month was a random notecard with xoxo on the front of it.  I attached it to my mothers' day gift that year.  Another weird thing to include.  It was not terrible quality, but not the best, either.

Full set of 12, $10.  Value of single card, $0.83.



Total value: $31.41.  Add that to the $6 from the 60 points for reviews and this was a great box!




Birchbox costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  You can review the products you receive for 10 Birchbox points each.  For every $1 you spend in the BB shop, you also receive 1 BB point.  For every 100 BB points you accumulate, you get $10 to spend in their shop.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn 50 BB points at the end of your first month.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment