Sunday, August 4, 2013

What I do to make my hair behave


My hair is curly and neither thick nor thin.  For my 2013 resolution, I vowed to stop heat styling it (blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron) every day and just let it do what it wants.  It has taken me 8 months to finally accept my curls, and to make peace with them.  In return, my hair has been behaving nicely and is much healthier than when I started this last December (I cut all the damage off before the new year).

So, let's start from the beginning of the day.  I usually shower at night and then style in the morning.


I'm surprised my boyfriend has stuck around for 3 years of waking up next to this!
Oh yes.  Way out of control.

I start by spraying it down with water.

Getting better
I feel like a lion tamer
Then I comb out the tangles and distribute the water.


Sorry for the lack of makeup; I had just woken up.

There is hope after all.

It's product time.  I have tried a bunch of different mousses, gels, and creams, but this one is my favorite:

Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion

It's even better than most of the non-drugstore products I've tried.


I scrunch it in
Scrunch, scrunch, and scrunch some more.

Get the back.

Much better.
This is the final product after it has air-dried.

Voila!

Curly girl.

It was raining on the day I did this, so it's a little frizzy.  Normally I will smooth some oil (Orofluido) over my hair to tame it a little more, but I wasn't going anywhere and didn't bother ;)  



No comments:

Post a Comment