Saturday, August 10, 2013

Retrospective: Birchbox October 2012



See my first Retrospective for the answers to the quiz that I used.


October 2012: Month 8

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
Photo from Birchbox

For something so expensive, I'm not sure that it did anything.  My skin was the same before and after I finished up the sample, and I'm pretty sure I got more freckles than having them go away.  Was my skin tone evened as promised? I don't think so.

Full size $79 for 30 mL, sample size of 2 mL valued at $5.25


LUNA Fiber Chocolate Raspberry Bar
Photo from Birchbox
I usually like Luna bars, but I don't like chocolate and the extra fiber gave this one a weird texture.  Definitely not my favorite.  I won't buy these if I come across them in the store.

$14.95 for box of 12, making a single bar worth $1.24

Malin + Goetz Cilantro Hair Conditioner
Photo from Birchbox
This conditioner wasn't quite heavy enough for me, but it would be nice for someone with fine hair.  It smelled pretty good, though, and I liked that I got more than one use out of the sample.

$22 for 8 oz, sample size 1oz, valued at $2.75


Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Face Cleanser
Photo from Birchbox
This was a one-use foil packet sample and it was fine.  Nothing to write home about. Smelled great, though!

Full size is $30 for 8 oz, sample was 0.04 oz for a value of $0.15

Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum
Photo from Birchbox

I now have a full size of this thanks to Popsugar! I took the samples from Birchbox on vacation and it did its job: no sunburn on my face. I did not want to shell out the cash for the full bottle, so I was thrilled to receive one from another source! This is a very nice face sunscreen. It absorbs really easily and doesn't go on greasy at all, like some can

Full size $42 for 50 mL, total volume of the two packets was 4 mL for a value of $3.36

S.W. Basics Lip Balm Flight in Cocoa
Photo from Birchbox.

I can't even do this again.

$15 for set of 4.  Single balm worth $3.75


Total Value $14.86

This was an ok box.  I wasn't overjoyed with anything, but would have been if the lip balm was a different favor I would have been happier.  Oh well.  The next box would hopefully be better.


Birchbox costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  You can review the products you receive for 10 Birchbox points each.  For every $1 you spend in the BB shop, you also receive 1 BB point.  For every 100 BB points you accumulate, you get $10 to spend in their shop.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn 50 BB points at the end of your first month.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment