Sunday, August 11, 2013

Retrospective: Birchbox November 2012



See my first Retrospective for the answers to the quiz that I used.

November 2012: Month 9
Chuau Chocolatier Honeycomb Chocopod
Photo from Birchbox


My extra was a Chuao Chocolatier ChocoPod, dark chocolate with honeycomb. That lasted all of two seconds after I opened my box, and was absolutely delicious! There were little crunch bits of caramelized honeycomb in it. Yum!

7 Pods retail for $7.95, value of a single pod $1.14

Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper
Photo from Birchbox
I received a sample of Curly Hair Solution's Curl Keeper for the first time in November. This actually is not bad and works pretty well.  It does tend to make my hair a little crunchy, but nothing that I can't handle.  It's not that bad of a deal, too.

Sample was 30 mL ($3 value), full size is 100 mL for $10. 

Jouer Signature Fragrance Rollerball
Photo from Birchbox

I also received a little roller ball vial of Jouer Fragrance Cornucopia oil. The note that I picked up right away was the honeysuckle, it brought me back to my childhood walking to and from the ocean on a road lined with honeysuckle bushes! This is a very wearable scent for me, I keep it in my purse for those perfume emergencies.

The sample size is 1.18 mL, it is $42 for the 7.09 mL full size, which includes a tiny 2mL lip gloss. Assuming the lip gloss is a bonus gift, that would make this sample value $6.99. 



ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Mascara
Photo from Birchbox
I love that there is a mirror on the tube! This is one of the nicer fiber mascaras I have used. It definitely makes my lashes longer, and slightly fuller-looking. 

This is full-sized, retail is $24.


Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer in Bronze Shimmer
Photo from Birchbox
This adds a nice subtle shimmer wherever you apply it. Honestly, I tested it out after I got it and haven't used it since.  Maybe I'll put it in my makeup bag to remind me.

The sample size is 1.5 mL, full size is $20 for 14.1mL, making this a $2.13 aliquot.


Total Value $37.25

Overall, I was really happy with this box.  That chocolate was DELICIOUS and I used the mascara until it was dried up and no longer useable.

Birchbox costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  You can review the products you receive for 10 Birchbox points each.  For every $1 you spend in the BB shop, you also receive 1 BB point.  For every 100 BB points you accumulate, you get $10 to spend in their shop.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn 50 BB points at the end of your first month.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment