Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Popsugar Must Have January 2014

Popsugar Musthave January 2014

I got my box early this month!  Very early.  In fact, spoilers only started showing up this morning.  FedEx usually gets to my house around 6:30 pm, so I wasn't the first, but I am one of the first to open up the January offering from Popsugar.

This month is all about keeping your resolutions.

What's inside?

I really feel like PSMH is grasping at straws when they choose themes, and with how they try to fit their items into said theme.  It's ok to just send a box of stuff.  I promise.

Anyway, the big-ticket item this month is a (Malin + Goetz) Detox Face Mask.

(Malin + Goetz) Detox Face Mask
This goes on like a lotion and foams up after sitting on your skin.  I tried it out, and it was a very interesting sensation.  It feels like little bubbles popping all over your face!  My skin feels smooth and hydrated after using it, and it smells like almonds (benzaldehyde).  Not bad.  I like it a lot!

4 oz, sells for $40 on the (M+G) site.


Next up is a book by Eric Helms: The Juice Generation

The Juice Generation by Eric Helms 

I have a juicer.  I've used it a few times, but it is a pain to clean.  It also takes a LOT of produce to make a glass of juice.  This has juice and smoothie recipes, as well as a guide for getting started and easing your way into juicing.  Maybe I'll give it a try.  Or, maybe this will just sit with my other cookbooks and be neglected.  

Book, $15.96 paperback on Amazon.  Cheaper for Kindle version.


Also included this month is a pair of tech gloves from Jack + Lucy

Jack + Lucy golves

These are gray (chenille?) gloves with conductive threads woven into the forefingers and thumbs.

Gloves

They are nice in the sense that they extend above the wrist, eliminating the pesky gap between short gloves and coat sleeves.  The fingers are a little big on me, these don't stretch very much which could be a problem for some of the smaller-handed ladies out there.  These do work with my phone, but not as well as just with a finger.  I'm not sure if it is because I have a screen protector on or not, but I have to be very deliberate with my gestures when I use these to manipulate my phone content.


I couldn't find this brand anywhere online, and there wasn't a website listed in the PSMH booklet.  I'll estimate these at $15 to be nice.


Since it is January, I sort of expected a calendar of some sort in this month's box.  I was right.

Rifle Paper Co. Cities Calendar

This stand-up calendar from Rifle Paper Co. features cute drawings of a different city each month. The actual calendar part of each page is pretty small, and I don't like that there isn't room to write down appointments and reminders for the days.

January: New York
The pictures are cute, and I'm sure I will find someone that will like this.  I use a blotter-style calendar at work, so I can write down my appointments and reminders and research goals for each day. It also gives me space to write down random things, so I don't need to dig around for paper.  This calendar is not as practical.  Cute, yes.  Practical, no.

This is $16 on the Rifle Paper Co. website.


I wish I had never opened the next item:
Pipcorn Truffle Flavored Mini Popcorn
Pipcorn Mini Popcorn in Truffle flavor from Pipsnacks.  This is amazing.  It is SO GOOD!  I can't even tell you how delicious this popcorn is.  Seriously.  It is salty and savory and light and because the kernels are mini, there aren't any big chunks of hull to get stuck in your teeth!  This mini version is supposed to be easier to digest.

Mini popcorns

All I know is that this is the best bagged popcorn I've ever had.  Ever. 

Pipcorn is $18 for 3 bags ($6 each) and comes in a variety of flavors.  

Last, but not least... well, ok.  Maybe least.  Revlon by Marchesa Box o' Files.

Revlon by Marchesa Box o Files

This is a box of nail files.  They are cute.  They file my nails.  I'm not too excited about them, but whatever.  I'll still use them.

$3.49 at Target.


Popsugar Must Have January 2014

All together, this box had an estimated value of $96.45.

I like the face mask and LOVE the popcorn.  I'll actually use the gloves and files, but that's about it.  At least it is better than months where I just give everything away.  I wasn't blown away by anything.  The last few boxes have been kinda dull for me.  I don't plan on renewing my subscription when it runs out in March.  I'll get 2 more boxes, and then move on to a different subscription.  Maybe FabFitFun?  Any ideas?


If you want to try out Popsugar, please use my link here.  I'll get a free month if I refer 1 more person.   It costs $39.95 per month, plus tax if applicable, and you get discounts if you buy a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription.  Right now, you can get 3 months for the price of two with code NEWYEAR.  Other codes include $10 off your first box with code JAN10, or a free necklace with code HEART14.


No special consideration or compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own. All items mentioned within were paid for by me. This post contains a referral link; see above for details.

4 comments:

  1. This box looks awesome! I got three more months as a present so can't wait to get mine.

    You should try out a Quarterly subscription. Those look really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I was considering a Nina Garcia Quarterly, but there has only been 1 so I'm waiting to see if I like the second one. It should be out by the time PSMH runs out for me.

      Delete
  2. Ooh! You got a ninja blender for christmas from K&C, right? Use that smoothie book girlie!! I love making smoothies with my ninja, but they get so repetitive after a while -- which is where a recipe book would come in handy.

    Face stuff looks good, other stuff looks 'eh.' At least you loved the popcorn, and the face stuff is a full sized product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read my mind! I think smoothies are going to be how I start out.

      The good thing about PS is that they DO send full-sized products. I got some samples of a CC cream once, but that was a bonus that came with a full sized face lotion.

      Delete