Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Retrospective: Ipsy October 2012



At this point, Ipsy was in their 11th month.  Ipsy Match hadn't started, so everyone got the same thing in their bag, with some color variations.

Ipsy October 2012: Month 3; Hello, Bombshell.

October 2012 Bag
Photo from Ipsy

This month's bag was black and white chevron print with a red zipper.  I still use it for first aid stuff in my work bag, but the white is a little dirty now.

Be a Bombshell Eyeliner in Onyx
Photo from Ipsy
This was full-sized and sells on Be a Bombshell's website for $14.  The marker tip is nice, you can get a thick or thin line depending on how you hold it.  I have used this quite a bit for cat-eyes and like it a lot.




Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Quads, Set 4 (Upper Right)
Photo from Ipsy


I mentioned these in my Ipsy favorites post.  I've used every color except the hot pink from this quad and they are all nicely pigmented and work well together.

Net weight 2g.  Coastal Scents sells individual pans for $1.95 and they are 1.5g.  This makes the overall value of the 4 mini shadows $2.60.



Mirenesse Lip Bomb #9 Color
Photo from Ipsy


Lip Bomb
Photo from Ipsy
This was full-sized (3.1g) and sells for about $35.10.  Too bad I don't like it.



Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment
Photo from Ipsy

This hair oil is part natural oil and part dimethicone, but I still like it.  It make my hair glossy and it smells amazing.  I can't describe it, you will have to take my word for it.

This was a 15 mL travel size, which sells for $12 on their website.


theBalm What's Your Type Mascara in The Bodybuilder
Photo from Ipsy

I used this mascara up! I loved it.  I'd gladly accept another sample! I can't justify buying any more mascara since I have quite the stockpile, but I like this a lot.  It didn't make my lashes clumpy, yet added volume.

Full size is 12 mL for $19. The sample is 3.5 mL for a value of $5.54


Total Value $69.24

The high value this month is mostly due to the failure that is the Lip Bomb.  Bomb, indeed.  Maybe I just need to learn to apply it... but then what do I do with pepto-colored lips?  Everything else was a total hit for me, and this remains one of my favorite bags they have sent.



Ipsy costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn a free item if 2 people sign up with my link.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment