Sunday, August 18, 2013

Retrospective: Birchbox June 2013



See my first Retrospective for the answers to the quiz that I used.


June 2013: Month 16

Color Club Wanderlust Collection in Reign in Spain (far left)
Photo from Birchbox
I ordered the full set of this polish so fast.  It's awesome, despite how much I usually hate Color Club. Plush, Reign in Spain is my HG coral polish.

Set of 4, $8.  Value of single polish (0.25 fl.oz.) $2.

Davines 3-Step System
Photo from Birchbox
I dislike that BB sent me all three products and I could only review them as a set! Boo! There was a 2.5 fl. oz. bottle of shampoo, which smells amazing but has sulfates; a foil packet (0.41 fl.oz.) of conditioner; and a foil packet (0.1 fl.oz.) of the oil, which I haven't tried yet.  I use the shampoo every now and then just because it smells so good! It reminds me of grapefruit a little bit.  The conditioner was really nice, though.  Very rich.

Shampoo $24 for 8 fl.oz. Sample value $7.50
Conditioner $27.50 for 8 fl.oz. Sample value $1.41
Oi/Oil $41 for 4 fl.oz.  Sample value $1.02

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
Photo from Birchbox
 This smells so good! I loved this sample.  It started out as a scrub, but as the sugar melted, it started to foam and turned into a really nice cleanser.  It smelled good enough to eat, but I wouldn't recommend that...not that I tried... not at all... nope.

Full size 4 fl.oz. $32.95.  The sample size was 0.25 fl. oz, worth $2.06


Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder in Translucent
Photo from Birchbox
I don't have any comment on this, as I haven't yet tried it.  I'm still using up all my other translucent powders.  It has pretty good reviews, though.

$40 for 0.35 oz., making the 0.017 oz sample worth $1.94.


Total Value  $15.93

This was a decent box overall. I loved the nail polish color and am so glad they sent the one they did! Now I have a backup because I bought the full set.  The other products (that I've tried) were all good and there weren't any weird extras.  I just wish I could have reviewed the Davines products individually!

Birchbox costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  You can review the products you receive for 10 Birchbox points each.  For every $1 you spend in the BB shop, you also receive 1 BB point.  For every 100 BB points you accumulate, you get $10 to spend in their shop.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn 50 BB points at the end of your first month.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment