Monday, August 19, 2013

Retrospective: Ipsy August 2012



At this point, Ipsy was still called My Glam and this was their 9th month.  Ipsy Match hadn't started, so everyone got the same thing in their bag.

Ipsy August 2012: Month 1, Endless Summer



The bag, neon orange mesh.
Photo from Ipsy
The nice thing about Ipsy is that they send your products in a makeup bag every month! Nice!


Andrea's Choice Circus Nail Polish in Ringmaster
Photo from Ipsy

Matte, neon pink.  I like this color and 2 coats is enough to cover. Plus, it came in a cute container.  Packaging is everything!

Set of 5 for $29.95, individual polish (0.45 fl.oz.) worth $5.99.

Eclos Plant Stem Cells Cellular Activator Face Serum
Photo from Ipsy

This was a good serum, and smelled herbal in a good way.  It kept my skin hydrated all throughout the winter, and I used it with the face cream as suggested.

Full size, 50 mL, $24.99.  Sample was 15 mL, value $7.50

Eclos Plant Stem Cells Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream
Photo from Ipsy
Again, a really nice face cream.  I miss the scent, actually.  I used this up completely, which is pretty unusual for me and a face cream! I tend to get bored and move on to the next sample.  This lasted quite a while, too.

Full size $24.99 for 2.0 fl.oz. Sample was 0.25 fl.oz, worth $3.12.



s.a.l.t.y. Cosmetics Glama-ZOID Eyeshadow
Photo from Ipsy (seriously)
Iridescent white-pinkish eyeshadow.  It's interesting, to say the least.  I don't really like it, but I've worn it a few times.  It doesn't look like you have anything on, unless you hit the light right and it flashes pink/purple.

Ssample was 1g, which is currently the size selling for $4.50 on their website.

Demeter Roll-On Perfume Oil in Clean Skin
Photo from Ipsy

This smells like baby powder.  I normally like Demeter, but this isn't my favorite.  Not even close! Pomegranate is way better!

Full size, $10 retail (0.29 fl.oz.)

Also included was an extra: MyGlam branded pink watermelon-flavored lip gloss.  It tastes like medicine to me and looks weird and milky on my lips.  I don't have a picture from Ipsy of what it looks like.



Total Value $31.11 (not including bonus lip gloss)

I was really happy with this bag when I got it.  It was my first Ipsy bag and I wasn't sure what to expect, but this exceeded my expectations, especially when you consider that the roll-on perfume paid for the whole thing.

Ipsy costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn a free item if 2 people sign up with my link.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment