Friday, August 23, 2013

Retrospective: Ipsy December 2012



Ipsy December 2012: Month 5; Haute Holiday



December 2012 Bag
Photo from Ipsy

This month's bag was a silvery-grey one with hot pink inside.  I still use this when I travel for holding my shower supplies.  It is very spacious!



Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess
Photo from Ipsy

This is, according to the company, a true red.  I'd agree with that, but you can apply it so that it is more sheer than in-your-face, which I really like.  I thought I lost this and I was pretty bummed out, but I found it again and all is right in the world.  It is a decent (thick) gloss, and I appreciate the fact that I can control the color payoff.

This is full sized, $14 for 3g.



Mai Couture Highlighter Papier
Photo from Ipsy

This is little sheets of thin paper with shimmer powder pressed into them.  It was tricky for me to apply without getting too much of it in too many places (because I'm super pale).  It looked like I was diseased, actually.  I should try it before the end of the summer since I have a tiny bit of color and it might not look as terrible as it did in January when I tried it out for the first time.

Full size (50 sheets) is $28.  The 25 sheets of the sample are worth $14.



Mirabella Prime
Photo from Ipsy

This is a silicone primer similar (at least to me) to Smashbox's Photo Finish.  I hardly ever use it as I don't wear "real" makeup most days.  My BB cream is enough, and I don't need primer with that.

This was full size (12.85g) and retails for $29.




NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Pearl (light pink)
Photo from Ipsy

I like this pearl shadow.  It is loose and comes in a cute bottle with a small enough opening that you don't dump the entire contents everywhere.  I can usually shake enough out onto the back of my hand for both eyes without much extra.  It's a shimmery light pink and it's nice as a highlighter. I've used it fairly consistently since this December bag.

Full size, 5 mL $3.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Zero (black)
Photo from Ipsy

I am obsessed with UD's glide on liners.  I have 20 or so in various colors and they are the only eyeliners I wear.  I wrote about this in my Ipsy top 5 favorites post.  If you have the money to spend, DO IT.  The vintage colors are $6 right now on UD's website and they last all day and have great color payoff.

This wasn't quite full-sized (1.2g, for $19), it was 0.8, which has a value of $12.67.


Total Value $72.67

Amazing value for what I paid! Full sized lip gloss, primer, and eyeshadow, half size highlighter paper, and 3/4 size eyeliner.  You could do an entire look with what was sent, and everything worked well together (with the exception of the paper).  I like that Ipsy sends familiar and well-known brands, as well as things I've never heard of.  It is a good way to try new things!

Ipsy costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn a free item if 2 people sign up with my link.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment