Thursday, August 22, 2013

Retrospective: Ipsy November 2012



This was the first month since I had been subscribing that there was an "OR" item.  There were a few months before I joined where this happened.

Ipsy November 2012: Month 4; Party Perfect!


November 2012 Bag
Photo from Ipsy

This bag was pretty simple.  It was dark brown with a faux-leather zipper.  The inside of the bag was also dark brown.

BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Dare Devil
Photo from Ipsy

This smells like spiced rum to me, which makes it weird to use.  I do like the color, though! It is on the sheer side so it isn't too dark, and has some nice shimmer to it without being overly glittery.  It's a very nice holiday color.

Full size is $18 for 4.5 mL.  The sample Ipsy sent was half of the full size, 2.25 mL, for a value of $9.


Chella Defining Brow Gel (Clear)
Photo from Ipsy

This was the either/or item.  Other people received a sample of Benefit's They're Real! Mascara.  I wouldn't pay full price for just a clear eyebrow gel, but I do use this now that I have it.  I would imagine there isn't much of a difference between this and a drugstore brand, other than the price.

Full size (0.2 fl.oz.) costs $18 and the sample size 0.12 fl.oz which gives it a value of $10.80



theBalm Meet Matt(e) in Matt Batali
Photo from Ipsy
I like that this eyeshadow pan came in its own little magnetic box! It keeps it from getting everywhere and I don't have to stick a magnet to it or anything.  This is a matte eggplant color, and looks really nice as part of a purple smokey eye.  They don't make the original Meet Matt(e) palette anymore, but they do have a Meet Matt(e) Nude version with more eyeshadow for your money.

Meet Matt(e) Nude is $42 for 25.5g (9 shadows).  The sample weight is 0.9g, making it worth $1.48 at the nude palette pricing.  If I went by the discontinued palette pricing it would be slightly more, as that one was more expensive per gram of shadow.


Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire
Photo from Ipsy

This is the first Nailtini product I received, and I really liked it.  This is a clear base with rose gold microglitter and gold and green bar glitters.  It is another nice holiday color. It applies well and dries fast, since it is a glitter.

This is full size (0.5 fl.oz.) and retails for $13.



Starlet Intense Eyeliner in Chocolate
Photo from Ipsy

This was a dud.

This is full size (1.5g), and while this color isn't on their website and the packaging on their other eyeliners is different, they sell for $11.



Total Value $45.28

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: Ipsy sends you a great value for your $10.  This bag was full or deluxe sample items and is definitely for the makeup-obsessed.  There was a little of every makeup category in this bag, which Ipsy is really good at doing.

Ipsy costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn a free item if 2 people sign up with my link.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment