Saturday, August 24, 2013

Retrospective: Ipsy January 2013



Ipsy January 2013: Month 6; Super Stars



Ipsy Bag, January 2013

This is the biggest bag sent, I use it as my everyday makeup bag still.  It is dark blue with a star printed lining.



Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play
Photo from Ipsy

I don't use hair spray.  I don't like hair spray.  This is sitting, lonely, in my bathroom closet, just waiting for the day I decide to use it.  I'm holding onto it because I just might need it some day and it's the only hairspray I have.  Scratch that.  I just went to look for it to get the size and I must have traded it to a friend.  OH WELL.  See how much I care?


Full size 10.6 oz is $17.95 on Ulta.  The sample size is 1.6 oz, worth approximately $2.71.



Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil
Photo from Ipsy

I have a ton of argan oil already, so I gave this one to my mom and told her to use it on her face or on the ends of her hair.  I don't know if she has tried it, but that's what I use it for, and I like it.

Full size (large) is 50 mL for $48. Sample size is 5 mL, worth $4.80.


Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary
Photo from Ipsy

This is my second polish from Nailtini, and I wish I had gotten the sheer pink as I have a lot of red polishes already.  This is a little deeper than some of the ones I have, and has absolutely no shimmer to it.  It is just a pure, rich red color.  2 coats is enough for full and even coverage.

Full size, $13.

Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter
Photo from Ipsy

This is pretty strongly scented, but smells good.  It is a very thick body butter and hydrates very well.  I wouldn't go out of my way to buy more, but that's only because I have so many lotions! I'd gladly accept another sample, though, or a different product in the same scent.

This is their smallest size that they sell, 2.5 oz, and it goes for $7.




SoHo Eyeliner Brush (middle)
Photo from Ipsy

The final item everyone got was one of three brushes from SoHo.  I got the eyeliner brush and hardly ever use it, because I mostly wear eyeliner pencil, and when I don't, I use my MAC eyeliner brush instead.

Value $7.99


Total Value $35.50

I do like when Ipsy sends out things other than makeup, like they did this month, but I mostly get this bag so I can try new makeup brands.  This had only the nailpolish, and even that is pushing it.  I suppose after a few makeup-only bags, we can get some other things, but I wasn't as excited about it.

Ipsy costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn a free item if 2 people sign up with my link.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment