Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Retrospective: Ipsy March 2013




Ipsy March 2013: Month 7; Red Carpet Ready

Ipsy Bag March 2013
Photo from Ipsy

This month's bag is so cute! It has a white interior and is navy and white stripes with little anchors all over it.  I'm from RI and I have lived here most of my life, so I have a thing for anchors.  It's on our state flag, along with our state motto: HOPE.  Nice and simple, right?

Mini Freestyle GlamRx Magnetic Palette with Mirror
Photo from Ipsy

This magnetic palette is the only good thing about the bag this month, besides the bag itself.  The whole bottom is magnetic so you can rearrange products as needed.  It also has a mirror and is small enough to fit in my makeup bag without taking up much room.  Too bad I am too lazy to depot the things I like, and all the magnetic singles I have suck! I did put my Mirabella eyeshadow pan in it (from Ipsy September 2012).

The "freestyle" palette on their website is $9.95 and looks to be the same as what I got in this bag. They also sell a double-decker for $16.50.


LA Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes
Photo from Ipsy

These are good for lazy people like me.  However, I am still too lazy to use them, as I shower at night and take all my makeup off then.  I bring these on vacations in case I need to touch up my face before going out at night.  I haven't been on vacation for more than 2 nights since I got this particular pack, though, so I have a number left.

There were 8 wipes in the sample size, which LA Fresh sells for $2.50.



Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist
Photo from Ipsy

UGH.

Cat pee scented.  Lovely.

Full size (WHY, PEOPLE) is $22 for 200 mL.  Sample is 30 mL of nasty with a value of $3.30.  





Yaby Eyeshadow in Sand Dune
Photo from Ipsy

Yaby Eyeshadow in Teal (So Vein? Maybe that is the color name)
Photo from Ipsy

See above link to my least favorite products.  I hate these. SO MUCH.

Yaby sells individual eyeshadow refill pans (3?!g) for $3.15.  I wonder if they are including the weight of the pan itself in that.  There is no way that tiny sub-dime-sized shadow is 3 full grams.

ASSUMING these are full-sized, the value for the two would be $6.30.


Total Value $22.35

Not only has this been the lowest valued Ipsy bag I have received, it is also my least favorite.  I liked the bag.  The palette is ok.  That's about it.  Oh well, you win some and you lose some.  All my other awesome months made up for this loser.


Ipsy costs $10/month, including shipping, and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn a free item if 2 people sign up with my link.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment