Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Retrospective: Ipsy April 2013



Ipsy April 2013: Month 8; Pretty in Pink

Ipsy Bag April 2013
Photo from Ipsy

The bag this month is white with a pink interior.  BAD IDEA.  Why would anyone make a white makeup bag!? It will stay white for a few seconds and then get dirty and makeup-covered.  Lame.  I'm planning on filling it with stuff and giving it as a Christmas present or something.  Let someone else get it dirty!  Seriously, with a "pretty in pink" theme, they could have had a much better bag.


Be a Bombshell Blush in Beach Please
Photo from Ipsy

This blush is BRIGHT.  Holy cow.  I tested it out and looked like I got slapped in the face.  It's pigmented, to say the least.  And matte. I guess I just need a lighter touch.  I haven't used it since I tested it out, it's in my giveaway pile.  The other color option was Sweet Cheecks, a medium shimmery rose.

This is full-sized (5g) and retails for $16. 
Duo Eyeshadow in Heartache by Two Cosmetics
Photo from Ipsy

This was an either/or item.  Other people received a Mica Beauty Mineral Eyeshadow in Earth.

This is pink.  It makes me look like I have pink eye.  That's not a good look for me.  This has a matte side, which is the offending side, and a shimmery side in the same shade, which is ok.  Because it is shimmery, people aren't as apt to confuse it with an infection.  That's always a good thing.  I'm giving this away, too.

This is full-sized (0.98g net weight) and sells for $6.99 on their website.  I feel a little gypped, the mica eyeshadow was also full-sized and sells for $14.95!  Plus, more importantly, I would use it.

Sation Nail Lacquer in Love at First Byte
Photo from Ipsy

Even though this is very sheer and each coat takes about a half hour to dry, I like this polish.  It is subdued and looks good with my skin tone and lasts a long time before chipping.  It's a very sheer dusty rose color, not quite as pale as in the picture, and a little more on the orange side.  The other color option was "Of Corset I'll Call You", which was a purple-toned pink.

This is the full size, 15 mL, and sells for $5.



Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal
Photo from Ipsy

I have so many hair products, I couldn't even justify opening another one.  Sexy hair claims this speeds up blowdrying time, helps smooth hair out, and adds moisture.  This was sealed under the cap, which is awesome and more samples should come sealed.  I ended up giving it to a friend with long hair plus extensions and she was excited to try it.  I hope she liked it!

The other option, instead of this, was Big Sexy Hair Powder Play volumizing powder.

Full size (125 mL) is $21.95 at Ulta.  The 25 mL sample is worth $4.39.

Total Value $32.38

I'm not quite sure what the hair product had to do with the pink theme.  Oh well.  I really only got use out of the nail polish, but that's only because of my color preferences for myself.  Had the same brands been given with different colors, I would have been really happy.  It's not the best box, but it's definitely not the worst I've gotten from Ipsy.


Ipsy costs $10/month, including shipping, and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn a free item if 2 people sign up with my link.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment