Monday, October 21, 2013

Ipsy October 2013 Review

Ipsy's theme this month was "The Art of Beauty" and once again, I'm a little disappointed by my bag.  I *might* cancel my subscription.  We will see how November and December go.

Ipsy, October 2013

In order from my least favorite to my most favorite this month:

Sexy Hair Spray Clay.

Spray Clay


I guess this is a hairspray that texturizes and mattifies.  I don't like the sound of that at all! I like smoothing things that add shine, and I don't ever use hair spray.

Sample size is 1.4 oz.  Full size (4.4 oz) $18.95 at Ulta, making this sample worth $6.03.


Next, LA Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes.

La Fresh Face Cleanser wipes


I really only use these when I travel, and I still have some left over from the LAST time Ipsy sent these to me.  Way to double up on samples! Oh, I'm sorry, La Fresh Make-Up Remover Wipes are *so* different from La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes.  Ugh.

La Fresh sells 30 wipes for $9.99, making these 10 wipes worth $3.33.


Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush.

Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush


This seems ok.  I won't know until I really use it, but extra brushes are always ok by me.  Nothing to really complain about here!  I just wish they had said if this is natural or synthetic.  They sell both, but didn't specify on the packaging- my guess is natural, but I could be wrong.


$2.49 on Coastal Scents' website.


Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmer in Navy.

Bella Terra Mineral Shimmer


I'm glad I got the navy instead of the color that was shown in my profile!  It is a decent mineral shadow, no complaints.  It did rub off pretty easily (at least, the pretty sparkly things rubbed off of my hand easily), so I will use a primer with it.

Bella Terra Mineral Shimmer in Navy, Swatched.


This shadow sells for $14.99 for 2.5g.  The sample is 2.0g, worth $11.99.


Last, but not least, is Zoya Mason.

Zoya Mason


This is a nice dark fuchsia, with a hint of glitter.  It's a really pretty color and I know I will get a lot of wear out of it.  I don't have anything quite like it in my collection!

Two Coats of Zoya Mason


$8, 15 mL.  FULL SIZED.  Not a sneaky 80% size (I'm looking at you, bella terra!).


I think the bag iteslf this month sucks.  It's white (again, when will they learn?!) with a pink interior and the words "Love of beauty is taste.  The creation of beauty is art."  Lame.  Patterns or solids, please! I don't need your silly words of "wisdom", but thanks.

Blurry picture (my iPhone is acting up) of this month's bag.

Overall, I'm disappointed.  The other options this month were Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly; Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster; Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel; H2O Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment, Nourish Organic Body Lotion; Ofra Sultry Lipgloss and Plumper; Ole Henriksen Truth Creme Advanced Hydration; be Delectable Hand Cream; Starlooks Lip Pencil, Wet n Wild Photo Op Eyeshadow.  So, there were some other crappy options, but also some really good products!

I've gotten all of the lame stuff for the past 2 months and none of the things I actually want! I did try changing my profile, but I don't think they are paying any attention to that.

Total Value: $31.84.



No special consideration or compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own. All items mentioned within were paid for by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment