Saturday, August 17, 2013

Retrospective: Birchbox May 2013



See my first Retrospective for the answers to the quiz that I used.


May 2013: Month 15

Cargo Water Resistant Blush in Bali
Photo from Birchbox

This is a medium rose color and is really pretty on my skin.  I think it looks really natural, and it's very pigmented so you don't need much.  It does last all day, but I can't attest to its water resistance at all.  It will be great for the winter and fall.  I like brighter blushes in the summer! I think this was a good sample size, I have so many blushes that I can't see myself ever using up a full size one!

Full size (11g) $26.00.  The sample was 2.5g, worth $5.91.

Coola Classic SPF Cucumber Moisturizer for Face
Photo from Birchbox

Honestly, I haven't tried this yet.  I have a ton of face sunscreens, but this is in my purse in case of a sun emergency.  I like that the tube is sealed, that makes me feel better about not using it right away! 

$32 for 100 mL.  7 mL sample worth $2.24

Marvis Toothpaste in Classic Strong Mint
Photo from Birchbox

My boyfriend asked why I had such a fancy-looking travel toothpaste when we went to Martha's Vineyard a month ago.  Birchbox is why! This was a weird month.  Um, it's a decent toothpaste I guess.  I was hoping the mint would be stronger (like, Altoids strong), but it is a typical level of mintyness.   

75 mL tube costs $10.50.  The sample was 10 mL, with a value of $1.40.


Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls
Photo from Birchbox

My hair didn't like this at all (and neither did I).
8.5 fl. oz. is $14, the 1 fl. oz. sample was worth $1.65.




Birchbox Finds: Pilot Acroball Pure White in Pink
Photo from Birchbox
Oh, Birchbox, you and your weird bonus items.  It's better than laundry detergent, at least! This is a nice pen, I just wish I got a different color.  The pink is pretty light and I can't use it at work in my lab notebook.  It's in my purse for a time when the black pen I also have in there isn't good enough.

$6.24 for a pack of 4.  Single pen worth approximately $1.56.


Total Value $12.76

Meh. This box was pretty lame overall.  The blush was really the only item I can and will use on a regular basis.


Birchbox costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  You can review the products you receive for 10 Birchbox points each.  For every $1 you spend in the BB shop, you also receive 1 BB point.  For every 100 BB points you accumulate, you get $10 to spend in their shop.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn 50 BB points at the end of your first month.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment