Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Retrospective: Birchbox January 2013



See my first Retrospective for the answers to the quiz that I used.


January 2013: Month 11


100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream in Green Apple and Cabernet Grape
Photo from Birchbox
I did not like either one of the scents (they smelled just like the apple and grape Jolly Rancher candies, and I don't like them) but I really like the texture of the body cream.  I just wish the samples would have been bigger! I could do just my legs with each one, I wish they had included enough to do my arms as well.


Full size $15 for 8 oz.  Two 0.066oz samples are approximately $0.25 in value.



Aerie Shimmer
Photo from Ipsy
This came wrapped up like a candy, which was cute, but I don't really like the scent.  It is supposed to be delicate and warm, but I just feel like it makes me sneeze.

Full size $39.95 for 100 mL, value of 1.5 mL sample approximately $0.60



Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
Photo from Birchbox
I like this face cream.  I'm glad that BB sent it.  I will probably forget all about it once it is gone, however, because it is nothing spectacular.  Perfectly adequate, though.


Full size $28 for 75 mL.  Sample size of 5 mL worth $1.87

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black
Photo from Birchbox

I like this better than the "Fat Stick" from the same company that I received in my June 2012 box.  This stays in place all day, like it is supposed to.  It has a really long felt tip, which is a little to bendy for my personal tastes.  It is easy to make too thick of a line in places because the applicator has so much give.  It's not bad though.

This was full-sized and retails for $16 (0.07 oz)


Ojon Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy
Photo from Birchbox
This is a perfectly fine hair oil, and smells great, but it is not as good as my beloved Orofluido.  Plus, I can never get it to blend together long enough to pour out an even amount of all three colors.  That bugs me.


Full size $35 for 1.5 fl.oz.  Sample size 0.07 fl.oz. for a value of $1.63.


Total Value $20.35

I liked everything in the box, with the exception of the perfume.  The other 4 samples were all great products to try out, and getting a full-sized item is always a plus!


Birchbox costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  You can review the products you receive for 10 Birchbox points each.  For every $1 you spend in the BB shop, you also receive 1 BB point.  For every 100 BB points you accumulate, you get $10 to spend in their shop.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn 50 BB points at the end of your first month.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment