Monday, August 12, 2013

Retrospective: Birchbox December 2012



See my first Retrospective for the answers to the quiz that I used.


December 2012: Month 10

Juicy Couture Perfume
Photo by Birchbox

Yeah.  It's another Juicy perfume.  Ho hum.  It's pretty floral and a little too heavy for me.  That's all I got.

Full size $90 for 3.4 oz.  1.5 mL sample value $1.35

Mox Botanicals Lip Butter in Pomegranate & Fig
Photo by Birchbox

I really wish this hadn't been in my pocket when I put my pants through the wash! The one use I got out of it was really nice, and the scent was unusual, but great.  Oh well.

Full size $16 for 0.2 oz, they sent a half size (0.1 oz), worth $8.

Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo
Photo by Birchbox

This is an awesome sulfate-free clarifying shampoo.  It smells GREAT and makes my hair super-clean.  I highly recommend it.  I'm thankful BB sent such a large sample!  I bring it with me when I travel and it makes my vacations that much more special.

Full size $32 for 250 mL, sample size 52 mL for $6.66
theBalm Cosmetics Hot Mama
Photo by Birchbox
This is my new favorite blush for summer! It is the perfect color, and has a hint of shimmer.  In fact, I was doing a friend's makeup for a fancy event and she asked if I could use "whatever made [me] look so glowy on [her]".  Good complement for a great product!  When I use this up, I'm definitely buying the full version!

Full size $20 for 7.08 grams, sample is 1g for $2.82

Tweezerman Filemate
Photo by Birchbox

It's a nail file.  It files my nails.  I wouldn't buy it for $5, but I'll take it if they send it for free!  At least it is a cute pattern.  I think I ended up giving this away in a gift with some polish.

This is full size and Birchbox sells it for $5


Total Value $23.83

Two of the five products were awesome! the others are a little mediocre, but that's what you get with BB sometimes.  Hot Mama totally makes this box worth it!


Birchbox costs $10/month, including shipping and sends you a box of 4-6 samples and sometimes full-sized products.  You can review the products you receive for 10 Birchbox points each.  For every $1 you spend in the BB shop, you also receive 1 BB point.  For every 100 BB points you accumulate, you get $10 to spend in their shop.  If you would like to sign up, my link is here and I will earn 50 BB points at the end of your first month.

This post contains products I purchased with my own money.  No compensation was received for this post and all opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link, see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment