Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Julep April 2014 Classic with a Twist Review

Julep April 2014 Review


I had some Jules saved up, so I decided that I wanted this month's featured product enough to spend them on a box!  I liked the polish colors in the Classic with a Twist box the most, so I chose that option.  Julep also gave you a choice of two blush and two bronzer colors.  I went with the lightest blush, called Peach Bellini.

The Vivid Collection
Julep April 2014

First look!  Julep included 2 hard candies as an extra this month, and they were gone within 10 minutes.  Non-chocolate candy doesn't last long around me!

Caitlin, pink, and Mariska, orange

As you can see from the bottles, Caitlin is a bright hibiscus pink with golden microshimmer, and Mariska is a tangerine with a more subtle shimmer.


Caitlin and Mariska
These will make great pedi polishes this summer! Nice and bright for the beach :)  Now, if only the weather would get the notice...


Caitlin with Mariska accent- 2 coats, no topcoat

These went on really well, and dried to a rubbery finish.  Mariska looks more rubbery than Caitlin, which has more apparent shimmer to add some dimension.  They dried fast, and needed two coats for evenness.  There is still some visible nail line under Caitlin, but it didn't bother me enough to do a third coat.


Caitlin and Mariska, 2 coats with Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat

With top coat, these polishes really come alive! I love them!  The above picture was taken on day 2... some tip wear and apparently my cuticles are really awful at the moment.  Sorry.


Glow Blush

The blush is the reason I got this box.  I have to say, the hard plastic packaging with included mirror is a HUGE improvement over the packaging that the eyeshadow palette came in a few months ago!  That cardboard isn't holding up well to my abuse.  This, however, is sleek and stylish and is way classier!

Glow Blush in Peach Bellini
The plastic protector layer is a nice touch, and the blush is gorgeous.  It is very shimmery, though, so beware!


Peach Bellini swatched once over bare skin

This is a really light color, but the pigmentation is good.  It is hard to apply too much with a color this light, but it looked very natural on my super-pale skin.  It is a very soft, smoothly applying powder.  I really like it, and am very glad that I opted in this month.


Peach Bellini on my stupid face in the stairwell at work




Julep Classic with a Twist, April


Overall, I'm definitely satisfied with this box!  The nail polishes are fabulous as always, and Julep has seriously stepped up their makeup game with the blush packaging.  It was the great quality I expected, but the compact added a nice touch.

Julep costs $19.99 a month, and you can sign up with my link here.  Use code FREEBOX to get your first month for free, just pay shipping!  Cancel at any time by calling Julep.  You can skip once every few months now, which is unfortunate.  The people who signed up prior to December 2013 can skip any and all months. You do build up points every month you take, and can redeem them on boxes in the future, which is what I did for this one.  You also get discounted pricing on regular items in Julep's online store.  Julep allows you to pick which box style you receive each month, which is nice.  You always know what you are getting!  Selection windows are from the 20th-24th of each month.



No special consideration or compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own. All items mentioned within were paid for by me. This post contains a referral link; I will get 1000 Jules for each signup through my link (1/2 of a Maven box).

2 comments:

  1. Love the pretty blush! I love the peachy tones for blushes. Much less harsh than hot pinks or deep red/plums. I'd be curious to see how long it lasts. I find that with the lighter blushes/peachy blushes they tend to fade rather quickly and by a few hours into wearing them I find they all disappear. =( I'm also not a huge fan of really shimmery blushes. I tend to like all my face makeup pretty matte. I suppose the shimmery is very nice for the summer though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty! It does fade a little faster than I would like, though. But I don't mind the shimmers, I usually add some shimmer highlighter on top of my cheekbones anyway, so this saves me a step ;)

      Delete