Friday, January 17, 2014

Ipsy January 2014

Ipsy January 2014: 19 Things

Ipsy's theme this month was skin care, it seemed.  That's cool.  I need to replenish my skincare sample supply.

Ipsy bag, January 2014
I don't like this bag.  It smells terrible- like plastic and burning and grossness.  The design isn't that great, either.  I like the colors, but the design seems like something you would get with fake makeup for 6-year-old girls.


LeeAnni Eco 3 in 1 Revolotion
This is a little pot of a combination toner, serum, and lotion (get it... revoLOTION) from LeeAnni Eco.  It smells like cooked minute rice.  It doesn't feel heavy or greasy or anything, it just doesn't really have any distinguishing characteristics.  The white rice of face lotions?  Perhaps.

Full size, 4 fl.oz $29.98.  This container is 1/4 fl.oz., making it worth $1.87.


Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in #5 Natural

I didn't expect to like this as much as I do!  I wouldn't call it a balm, though.  That implies something with the texture of ChapStick, to me.  This is more like a light, solid stain.  The website claims the color will last up to 24 hours, but I can't really comment on that as I've only had it for 4 hours.

This color is great, it is a total MLBB (my lips but better) color for me.  It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my lips, I keep wanting to put more on because it is so light!  It's not sticky, not greasy, not liquidy or powdery.  Nice.

The full size, 4g, is $30 (and comes with a brush like the Cailyn version) and the 2.5g sample from Ipsy is worth $18.75.




Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner
As a curly-haired girl, I can never have enough leave-in conditioners.  This one smells faintly of passion fruit and left my hair nice and soft.  I like it.  Plus, it helped detangle everything.  FINALLY a Sexy Hair product from Ipsy that I actually like and will use!

250 mL at Ulta is $17.95.  50 mL sample worth $3.59.



Nourish Organic Face Lotion

This lotion is not one of my favorites.  It smells like an orange creamsicle and turned really watery when I went to rub it into my skin.  It left my skin smooth, but I'm not a fan of the texture at all.  Oh well, you win some and you lose some.  This brand is available at Target, among other places.

$21.99 for 1.7 oz.  Sample is 0.5 oz, worth $6.47.


Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in penny

I got the other makeup item offered this month: an eye pencil by Elizabeth Mott in a shiny copper color called, of course, penny.  The other option was a white pearl color, called, duh, pearl.  Creative names.


Copper swatched on bare skin

This is a pretty nice pencil.  I wore it out last night on my lids and it was subtle, but with a little kick.  The above swatch is still visible on my hand, but it has dulled.  I've washed my hands a few times since taking the picture yesterday, but I didn't vigorously scrub.  This pencil has serious staying power!

I saw some comments on Ipsy about sharpening this- it is not a twist-up, it is like NYX jumbo eye pencils and can be sharpened.

Sample is 0.7g, the full size is 1.5g and sells for $14.99, making the sample worth $7.


Ipsy January 2014
All together, my bag this month totaled $37.68.  

I wish I hadn't gotten two face lotions, there was enough variety this month that I could have received something totally different.  That's ok, I like the eye pencil and lip balm, and I love the leave-in conditioner.  It's a win overall for me.  

If you want to try out Ipsy for yourself, it is $10 per month and you can use my link here.  You might have to wait on the list, but they often do promotions where you can skip the line if you share a post on Facebook.  I'll get 250 Ipsy points for each referral.  1000 Ipsy points can be redeemed for a bonus item in your next bag.  Each product you get and review earns you 10 Ipsy points.  This is not the best system, but the products alone are worth the money you spend per month.

Also: Many thanks to Michelle for using my link! I hope you like your bags!


This post contains items purchased by me.  No special consideration or compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own.  This post contains a referral link; see above for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment