Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Birchbox Review September 2013

Birchbox arrived today, much to my delight.



Birchbox September 2013

The items this month were pretty awesome!

Birchbox September 2013

First up: Benefit Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss.

Benefit Sugarbomb Lip Gloss

Sugarbomb Packaging



Sugarbomb in action



I can't really figure out what this smells like.  It's sweet smelling, but doesn't have much of a taste.  The smell isn't unpleasant, but its not my favorite.  I do like the gloss, though.  It's a very flattering nude color and glides on really smoothly.  This is not a sticky gloss.  I don't really like the tube-style applicator, it's easy for me to squeeze out too much and smear it all over the place by accident.

I was definitely happy to receive a benefit product this month! I love this brand and I wish I saw more of them in sub boxes.

Sample size is 6.5 mL, full size (15 mL) retails for $16, making the sample worth $6.93



Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive

Inside the Packaging

This is a mask/peel you let sit on your face for 10 minutes before washing off.  It says it will reduce fine lines and lighten hyperpigmentation, but we will see about that.  It doesn't smell terrible! It doesn't even have much of a smell at all! yay!  I really like Juice Beauty products, but their scents are so hit or miss with me.  If it smells bad, it smells really bad- to the point where I can't use it.

Full size is $39 for 60 mL.  The 7 mL sample size is worth $4.55.




Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Eye Serum

Racinne Eye Serum

Racinne Eye Serum Tube

This is a thin, clear serum that has a faintly chemical smell like bug spray or sunscreen would.  This eye serum claims to diminish dark spots, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.  Again, we will see.  I don't currently have an eye cream, so I will try this for a while and see if I notice a difference.  Mostly I have darker circles under my eyes from lack of sleep, and it would be nice if this helped get rid of those.

Birchbox is selling 10 mL for $32, making this 5 mL sample (half-size!) worth $16.



Coola Mineral Sunscreen, Unscented Matte Tint

Coola Unscented Matte Tint Mineral Sunscreen


I'll have to wait to try this tinted, matte moisturizer with SPF.  I like Coola, I've received two of their products from different boxes, but I feel a little disappointed that Birchbox has already sent me something from them! I got their cucumber sunscreen a few months ago.  Oh well, I'm interested to try something tinted from them and see how it looks on my ghostly-white skin.

The sample size is 3 mL.  50 mL is $36, making the sample worth $2.16.  Geeze, I'll have to put the extra in a little bottle or something! That's kinda expensive for a little cardboard packet.  I wish they had sent this sample in a little tube like the other ones I have gotten.


Ruffian Nail Polish in Delirium

Ruffian Delirium

Free-handed Ruffian Manicure with Delirium over no-name silver polish

Last but not least, everyone got a nail polish from Ruffian this month.  Birchbox had some fans pick the names for these polishes.  I got Delirium, a bright metallic blue-purple.

If you want to vote for this entry in Birchbox's ruffian manicure contest, the link is here.

These polishes are selling on Birchbox for $10 (0.17 fl.oz.) making them expensive!  Even Julep is less expensive!


Total Value: $39.64

This is the highest value I've gotten in a long time from Birchbox! What's more, I'm actually pleased with my samples this month.  Not bad for their third anniversary.



Birchbox is $10 per month, including shipping.  You will receive 4-6 sample sized items based upon a profile you fill out.  You can review each item on their site for 10 Birchbox points.  When 100 points are accumulated, you are credited $10 to spend in their online store.  If you would like to sign up, you can use my referral link here.  Signing up with my link will start you off with an extra 50 points! (I will also get a bonus 50 points!)



No special consideration or compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own. All items mentioned within were paid for by me.
This post contains a referral link.  If you use my link to sign up for Birchbox, you will get an extra 50 BB points (worth $5), as will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment