Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ipsy June 2014

Ipsy June 2014

Continuing the back-log of June subscriptions, here is my Ipsy bag.

Rebecca Minkoff for Ipsy
I love the bag!  This is probably my favorite Ipsy bag to date, and I've been carrying it around ever since it arrived.  My one complaint is that the zipper is not on the top, but it's a minor detail.  The print makes up for it.



Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Styling Cream

I haven't tried this yet, and to be honest, I totally forgot about it.  Anti-breakage and anti-frizz sounds good though, I could use some of that (provided it is effective) on humid days like today.  If it works, I wouldn't be against picking up a tube of it, as it is relatively inexpensive for a hair product and you can find it at Target.

90 mL full size is $12, 15 mL sample worth $2



Realtree for her

Ugh, another perfume.  Great.  What happened to sending makeup, Ipsy?  This smells soft and powdery on me- like Love's Baby Soft, but without the nostalgia. It's pretty inoffensive, so I don't think I will have a problem wearing this to work.... if I remember it.  It's pretty boring.

$20 for 100 mL, making this (3 mL? it's about twice the normal size) sample worth $0.60


Nicka K Shimmer Eyeliner in Blue

This has a felt tip that is pretty flexible, so you can draw thinner or thicker lines depending on your mood.  The eyeliner itself is metallic and has a pretty thin consistency, with chunks of glitter in it.  You definitely need two coats of this, minimum, to really pack a punch.

Full size, $4.99


Shimmery

I was really excited to get another NYX Butter Gloss in this month's bag! I have a few already, and they are among my favorite lip glosses.


NYX Butter gloss in Eclair

This color is a little on the pale side for me, but makes for a nice nude lip.  In a weird twist, I got this bag a week before my niece was born... and we have been calling her baby Eclair because her name is Emerson Claire!  Weird.

The gloss itself is not sticky, very shiny, and smells and tastes like a dessert.

This is full sized, $5.


Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil

This eyebrow pencil isn't much different from any of the others that I have.  If you press hard, you get a dark brown line.  If you use a lighter touch, the color is softer.  However, this is definitely NOT a universal pencil.  It works for me, but probably wouldn't if you have any other brow color besides medium brown.  I think I like the Chella version better, because it is self-sharpening!

This is full sized, $13.


Ipsy June 2014

All in all, it was not the worst bag, but not the best either.  If the perfume and hair samples had been swapped out for makeup, I would have enjoyed it more.  Ipsy has sent a lot of skin and hair care products recently, and I would like to get back to makeup-only bags!

All together, my bag had a value of $25.59

Ipsy is $10 per month and sends you 4-6 deluxe and full-sized (mostly makeup) items in a reusable makeup bag.  You can review each item on their site for 10 points each, and every 1000 Ipsy points will get you a bonus item.  If you want to try it out, please use my link here.  I'll get some extra Ipsy points for each referral.



Revlon Colorburst Lip Balm, Balm Stain, and Matte Balms

I also picked up a set of these three Revlon products as an Ipsy deal!  I got them for $18, which is saving about 33% each.  They came loose in a pink Ipsy mailer... weird.  I guess I was expecting them to be wrapped or something?


Pretty

It was a little off-topic, but I did want to show that Ipsy does one deal per week where you can get a discount on a featured product from that month's bag.


No special consideration or compensation was received for this post and all thoughts and opinions are my own. All items mentioned within were paid for by me. This post contains a referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment